Workshop 7: Thursday 18th August 2011
Title: Writing Your Business Plan.
1. Why do you need a Business Plan? – The purpose and the audience. The difference between a formal business plan and your business management plan.
2. What goes into a Business Plan – The contents.
3. Describing your business to the audience – The difference between marketing language and business language.
4. Your Sales & Marketing Plan (and back-up research) – How are you going to achieve your sales projections? What makes you think they are realistic?
5. The Financials – Presenting the financial projections + how much finance do you need?
6. The People – Who is involved in your business? Presenting your credentials.
7. Risk Analysis – Have you thought about what might go wrong?
Aimed at fashion designers who are either just starting out or have been running for a while and want to improve their business.
These workshops are designed to be practical – giving you simple tools to help you manage your business as well as an understanding of the principles behind them. You can attend the whole series to get a good rounded set of business skills or just the ones you need to get a specific insight on the subjects of your choice.
During the workshops you will get a chance to apply your new-found knowledge through a few exercises. You will also get the chance to discuss your own particular needs both during the workshops and in one-to-one surgeries immediately after.
Each Workshop will last about 5 hours, starting at 9.30 a.m. One-to-one surgeries will be held at the end of each workshop – you will be able to book a timeslot as each day progresses.