Workshop 5: Thursday 11th October 2012, 9.30 a.m.
Title: Sales & Marketing
1. The Elements of Marketing – How to bring together the important elements required to market your designs – the ‘P’s.
2. Working out your USP (Unique Selling Point) – What makes your designs different? Why should someone buy your designs instead of some else’s?
3. Branding – Stand out from the crowd.
4. Promotion – PR, Shows, Website, Social Media etc. How to go about promoting yourself and your products.
5. Routes to Market – Choosing your outlets: direct to public/wholesale/agents/export/internet etc.
6. Targeting – Pinpointing your buyers.
7. Useful tools to help you on the way.
Aimed at fashion designers who are either just starting out or have been running for a while and want to improve their business.
These workshops are designed to be practical – giving you simple tools to help you manage your business as well as an understanding of the principles behind them. You can attend the whole series to get a good rounded set of business skills or just the ones you need to get a specific insight on the subjects of your choice.
During the workshops you will get a chance to apply your new-found knowledge through a few exercises. You will also get the chance to discuss your own particular needs both during the workshops and in one-to-one surgeries immediately after.
Each Workshop will last about 5 hours, starting at 9.30 a.m. One-to-one surgeries will be held at the end of each workshop – you will be able to book a timeslot as each day progresses.