Workshop 1. Thursday 13th September 2012, 9.30 a.m.
Title: Getting the Most Out of Your Manufacturer
- Finding suitable manufacturers – Where to look. Creating a short list.
- Selecting a manufacturer – What to look out for. Check list of requirements. The importance of a relationship. Sampling v Production.
- Developing the relationship – developing mutual trust
- UK v Overseas – the pros and cons
- Communications – How to get your spec across. Delivery expectations. Quality. Progress chasing. What the manufacturer needs from you.
- Production planning – What you need to do to keep the manufacturer on track.
Aimed at fashion designers who are either just starting out or have been running for a while and want to improve their business.
These workshops are designed to be practical – giving you simple tools to help you manage your business as well as an understanding of the principles behind them. You can attend the whole series to get a good rounded set of business skills or just the ones you need to get a specific insight on the subjects of your choice.
During the workshops you will get a chance to apply your new-found knowledge through a few exercises. You will also get the chance to discuss your own particular needs both during the workshops and in one-to-one surgeries immediately after.
Each Workshop will last about 5 hours, starting at 9.30 a.m. One-to-one surgeries will be held at the end of each workshop – you will be able to book a timeslot as each day progresses.