Workshop 6: Thursday 18th October 2012. 9.30 a.m.
Title: Selling and Negotiating
1. The Sales Campaign – Identifying buyers, preparation, planning, timing.
2. The Approach – How to make initial contact and how to follow it up. Making best use of telephone, email, letters, photos and copies of PR articles.
3. The Pitch – How to make them want to buy from you.
4. The Negotiation – Getting the best deal.
5. Closing – Getting the order.
6. Review –Delegates will get a chance to practice what they learn throughout the workshop, resulting in greater confidence and ability to go out and sell.
Aimed at fashion designers who are either just starting out or have been running for a while and want to improve their business.
These workshops are designed to be practical – giving you simple tools to help you manage your business as well as an understanding of the principles behind them. You can attend the whole series to get a good rounded set of business skills or just the ones you need to get a specific insight on the subjects of your choice.
During the workshops you will get a chance to apply your new-found knowledge through a few exercises. You will also get the chance to discuss your own particular needs both during the workshops and in one-to-one surgeries immediately after.
Each Workshop will last about 5 hours, starting at 9.30 a.m. One-to-one surgeries will be held at the end of each workshop – you will be able to book a timeslot as each day progresses.